PhilHealth Region III-A has been actively introducing innovative marketing activities to promote the National Health Insurance Program (NHIP), thereby engaging stakeholders’ active participation to achieve a common goal attuned with the principles and objectives of the Kalusugan Pangkalahatan Program.
Under the leadership of Branch Manager Arsenia B. Torres, and with the support of Region III Vice President Rodolfo M. Balog, the branch-wide signing of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was held recently at Hotel Stotsenberg, Clark Special Economic Zone.
The event highlighted the continued support of the different Local Chief Executives (LCEs) of Bataan, Pampanga, Tarlac and Zambales in the NHIP through the signing of the MOA for the two-year, lock-in period on the enrolment of indigent families under the LGU Sponsored Program.
The Provincial Governments of Bataan, Pampanga, Tarlac and Zambales have committed their continuous participation in the enrollment of families within their localities. Likewise, the Cities of Angeles, Balanga, Olongapo and San Fernando have allocated funds and identified the number of families to be provided membership coverage under the NHIP.
Of the 11 municipalities of Bataan that have committed enrollment, seven LCEs have already signed the MOA. In the Province of Pampanga, 16 out of 20 municipalities that committed to continue their enrollment have signed the MOA. In the Province of Zambales, nine of the 11 LCEs have indicated their support by signing the MOA, while in the Province of Tarlac, all 17 municipalities and the Provincial Government have committed to continuously enroll their indigent members under the Sponsored Program.
In summary, 81% or 57 of the total LGUs within the coverage of PRO III-A have signed the MOA and have committed the enrollment of 419,789 families to be provided with health insurance coverage until December 2013. There are on-going negotiations with the remaining 19% of the LGUs to continue their support to the NHIP to achieve Universal Health Coverage.
This is the first time that 44 LGUs gathered to jointly enter into an agreement with PhilHealth to enroll poor families under the Sponsored Program. Present were Zambales Governor Hermogenes E. Ebdane Jr. and Vice Governor Ramon G. Lacbain II; Tarlac LMP President and Gerona Mayor Dennis Norman T. Go representing Governor Victor A. Yap; Bataan Board Member and SP Chairman on Committee on Health Aristotle J. Gaza representing Governor Enrique T. Garcia Jr.; Pampanga Provincial Administrator Atty. Andres S. Pangilinan Jr. and Board Member and SP Chairman on Health, Monina Laus representing Governor Lilia Pineda; and Olongapo City Mayor James J. Gordon.
Also present were the Mayors, Vice Mayors, SP and SB Chairpersons of the Committee on Health, Provincial/City/Municipal Health Officers, and other local officials representing the LGUs in Bataan, Pampanga, Tarlac and Zambales. Some LCEs who were not able to attend have signed the MOA either in advance or after the said event.
The occasion was graced by PhilHealth President and CEO Dr. Eduardo P. Banzon, Corporate Affairs Vice President Gregorio C. Rulloda, Area I Vice President Daniel F. De Leon. Also present were Center for Health Development III Regional Director Leonita P. Gorgolon; LMP Executive Coordinator Blademir L. Mancenido; CDC Executive Vice President Philip Jose B. Panlilio and media partners from Central Luzon, namely Boy Santiago of DWRW 95.1 FM, UNTV, CLTV 36 and ABS-CBN TV 46. (END)
The PhilHealth Logo, Photographs and information on this Web Site may not be reproduced, copied, or downloaded in any form or by any means -- graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including recording, taping, photocopying, or information storage and retrieval systems -- for use in illegal, damaging or pornographic material.
But PhilHealth information may be used for educational or informative purposes and may be reproduced, copied, or downloaded without the written permission from PhilHealth.