home | contact us | sitemap | disclaimer

individually payingfrequently asked questions

Membership and premium concerns

1. I just missed a quarter's payment due to an unforeseen event. Is there a chance that I can still pay for the missed quarter?

As per PhilHealth Circular No. 06, series of 2001, retroactive payments are not allowed except when a member can show proof of sufficient regularity of premium contributions or payment of nine (9) consecutive months or three consecutive quarters within the last 12 months prior to the missed quarter. If you meet this condition, you shall be given a grace period of one month immediately after the missed quarter to pay retroactively including the current calendar quarter.

For newly enrolled members (with less than 12 months reckoned from date of enrollment), retroactive payment for the missed quarter including the current calendar quarter shall also be allowed within the month immediately following the missed period.

This privilege is granted only once every 12 months.

2. Can I still refund my contribution if I mistakenly paid twice for the same period?

Overpayments shall be adjusted to cover underpayments (if there's any) or shall be considered as advance payments.

3. I heard that self-employed professionals pay a different amount of PhilHealth premium. How much is this PhilHealth premium and how do I know if I am under this category?

As per PhilHealth Circular No. 34, s-2010, new enrollees who are professionals and are unable to show proof that their estimated monthly family income is Php 25,000 and below shall pay the new premium contribution of Php 600 per quarter effective immediately.

Existing members and new enrollees who are professionals/other professionals shall pay Php 900/quarter effective January 1, 2012.

Those whose monthly family income in the last 12 months is Php 25,000 and below shall still pay Php 300/quarter.

Among those who are considered "professionals" are doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers, nurses, architects, dentists and accountants. For the complete List of Professionals, please visit the PhilHealth website.

4. My spouse is also a PhilHealth member. Are we allowed to declare our only child so that we can both apply our separate coverage in the event she gets sick?

PhilHealth does not allow multiple declaration and application of PhilHealth entitlements of both spouses. We advise you to decide who among you will declare and provide for the PhilHealth coverage of your only child as a dependent.

5. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individually Paying Member?

YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.